(Press Release)_MIAMI (October 9, 2017) – Carnival Cruise Line and Dr. Seuss Enterprises have teamed up to offer a series of fun, educational shipboard activities designed to promote kindness, compassion and generosity among its younger cruisers and inspired by Dr. Seuss’ beloved children’s book Horton Hears a Who!
Part of an annual national campaign by Dr. Seuss, the new “Be Kind/Dare to Care” activities are rolling out this month across the Carnival fleet and complement existing programming within Seuss at Sea, the line’s exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
Published in 1940, Horton Hears a Who! is one of Dr. Seuss’ most famous and cherished books. It tells the story of Horton the Elephant, a loyal and faithful creature who discovers a tiny planet that is home to a community called Whoville. Despite objections from his disbelieving friends, Horton vows to protect Whoville, proclaiming throughout the book that “a person’s a person, no matter how small.”
(PRESS RELEASE)_WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Oct. 5, 2017 – Traveling to a Miami HEAT game from Broward and Palm Beach Counties will be a slam dunk when Brightline launches service later this year. Today Brightline, the new and only privately funded express inter-city passenger rail service in the United States, welcomed its fifth trainset, BrightRed, from Siemens USA in Sacramento. Coinciding with BrightRed’s arrival, Brightline was named the official Train Service of the Miami HEAT and AmericanAirlines Arena. Through an innovative partnership, Marketing and Sales teams from Brightline and the HEAT are collaborating to create promotions and packages maximizing the in-person NBA experience for South Florida fans.
“There is nothing like seeing the world’s best basketball players live paired with the exciting energy, sights and sounds of AmericanAirlines Arena,” said Brightline CEO Dave Howard. “It is exciting to partner with one the NBA’s most respected franchises. Traveling to and from HEAT games and events at the AmericanAirlines Arena will be much easier and more convenient for our guests than sitting in traffic trying to get to the game on time.”
HEAT fans from the tri-county area will be able to use the new Brightline train service, boarding at the downtown West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale stations and disembarking at MiamiCentral, a short stroll to the AmericanAirlines Arena. Business outings to Miami HEAT games for Broward and Palm Beach County companies is even easier as well and additional Brightline package details will be shared as the service gets closer to launch.
Once onboard one of the five Brightline trains, fans can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi in each train car, have a refreshing drink and arrive in plenty of time for tip-off. After the game, it is back on the train and seamlessly returning to downtown Fort Lauderdale within 30 minutes or West Palm Beach in an hour.
“Our partnership with Brightline will offer HEAT fans and AmericanAirlines Arena guests a new opportunity to get in and out of downtown Miami comfortably and in style,” said Kim Stone, Executive Vice President of the Miami HEAT and General Manager of AmericanAirlines Arena. “With more people living, working and playing in downtown Miami, collaborating with Brightline to address the transportation needs of our guests is a huge step in the right direction.”
As anyone who uses the street inbetween the Camelot Motel and the new animal clinic knows (across the street from the North Palm Beach Country Club), the potholes are hard to avoid. But help is on the way. According to Village officials, it's due to get paved Oct. 20. That's the news residents on this end of town have been waiting to hear. (Photo by NPBL).
(Press Release)_MIAMI (October 4, 2017) – Carnival Elation is in the final stages of a multi-million-dollar makeover that includes the addition of an expansive new WaterWorks park, 38 new cabins, 98 balconies to existing staterooms, and a variety exciting food and beverage concepts.
Following the extensive renovation, Carnival Elation will resume its year-round schedule of four- to eight-day cruises from Jacksonville, Fla., Oct. 7. The ship’s new features include:
· Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
· RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
· BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
· BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
· Camp Ocean: a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through fun and engaging interiors and more than 200 ocean-themed activities, including arts and crafts, science-oriented programming, and more.
· New Cabins, Stateroom Enhancements: Thirty-eight cabins have been added – two Grand Vista suites offering floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic ocean view cabins and 12 interior accommodations. Additionally, private verandahs have been added to 98 existing staterooms, creating spacious new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All staterooms will offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by Carnival Elation’s tropical itineraries.
· WaterWorks: Located on Verandah Deck, this expansive all-ages water park features an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister water slide full of exhilarating twists and turns, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a splash zone for kids.
· Mini-Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14, providing a fun and relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh sea air.
Carnival is Jacksonville’s only year-round cruise ship offering four- and five-day cruises to The Bahamas featuring stops at Freeport, Nassau and the private destinations of Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays. Carnival Elation will also offer a special six-day Bahamas cruise and an eight-day Bermuda voyage in April 2018 as well as a one-time seven-day eastern Caribbean cruise the following month.
Here's an item to note from North Palm Beach Library Director Zak Sherman:
"On November 7, 8, 9 at 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., we’ll be hosting a Safe Boating Course at the library. The course is free and is geared for ages 12 and up. At the end of the course, each participant will receive a Florida Boating Safety Education I.D. Card. (it resembles a driver’s license- looks pretty cool).
"The course meets the requirements of Florida law which requires that anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 must pass an approved boating education course to operate a motor vessel of 10 or more HP within the State of Florida."
Exploring what to see and do in North Palm Beach and the South Florida area. Your hosts are Pam and Gerry Barker.
Listen to Chapter One of "Panama Palmer"