(PRESS RELEASE)_From serene bamboo forests, hot springs (onsen) and tranquil temples to incredible skyscrapers and world-class museums, Japan offers a unique and enriching experience for those who have dreamt of visiting. You can now turn that dream into a reality with Holland America Line’s first-ever roundtrip sailing to Japan from Seattle. Get ready to see the world from your doorstep on a 53-Day “Majestic Japan” Legendary Voyage, immersing yourself in the culture by going deeper into destinations and exploring the country’s beauty.
Departing Sept. 1, 2024, you’ll embark on an ultimate dream vacation aboard the Westerdam, cruising first to remote ports in Alaska, continuing to Japan and later the Pacific Islands. Throughout your journey, you can enjoy enriching onboard programs, entertainment and the best dining at sea.
Enjoy Japan’s Fall Colors
One of the many exciting aspects about this nearly two-month itinerary is the opportunity to explore 13 Japanese port cities during the autumn season when temperatures are cooler, and the weather is ideal for outdoor adventures and leisurely walks. With autumn comes vibrant fall colors, making it the best time of year to visit if you love autumn hues.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you can look forward to on this majestic itinerary:
· Enjoy breathtaking views of glaciers along Alaska’s Inside Passage and Stephens Passage.
· Explore the beauty of Juneau, Sitka, Kodiak and Dutch Harbor (through the Aleutian Islands).
· Visit the east and west coasts of Japan, immersing yourself in the following ports: Kushiro, Hakodate, Yokohama (Tokyo), Kobe, Kochi, Hiroshima, Kanmon Straight, Fukuoka (Hakata), Sakaiminato, Toyama, Kanazawa, Nagasaki, Ishigaki Island and Naha. In addition to exploring the ports, you’ll also have the unique opportunity of a scenic cruise around Iwo Jima and Midway Island.
· As part of the itinerary, you can visit sites important to World War II history, including the Children’s Peace Monument and Hiroshima Peace Memorial, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
· Enjoy extra time in Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe through overnight stays.
· Continue to Pacific Islands, with volcano views and stops in Nawiliwili and Kauai, and an overnight in Honolulu.
“This cruise allows us to offer Japan ‘from your doorstep’ with no more than a domestic air flight to Seattle,” said Paul Grigsby, vice president of Deployment & Itinerary Planning at Holland America Line. “Because we can linger on our way, we have chosen to visit some of the best ports in Alaska, including Kodiak and Dutch Harbor, before landing at Kushiro, Hokkaido as first port of call in Japan. This cruise offers an immersive Japan experience, covering the northern and mountainous regions, the population centers of Kobe and Yokohama as well as the east coast of Japan where we steam as far north as Toyama.”
“Since it is a September cruise, there is the possibility of viewing the leaves beginning to turn in the high country around Mt. Tateyama near Toyama,” Grigsby added. “Then we head south with a call to historical Nagasaki then to tropical Japan with a visit to Okinawa with calls to both Ishigaki and Naha. On our way back east, we will sail by Iwo Jima and Midway, which have huge WWII historical significance. Then we spend three days in Hawaii before returning to Seattle.”
Begin Planning Your Epic Adventure Today
Book the Majestic Japan Legendary Voyage and take advantage of available offers to help you make the most of your cruise vacation. Learn how our Have It All premium package can help you level up your cruise experience. Consult with one of our Personal Cruise Consultants to help you plan and identify other cruise deals and offers that may be available to you at the time of booking.
Stay current with the latest news from the cruise lines.
Follow Gerry Barker
on All Things Cruise.