(PRESS RELEASE)_Geneva, Switzerland (October 9th, 2018) – MSC Cruises - the Swiss-based world’s largest privately owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf and South Africa - announced that sales for MSC Grandiosa’s maiden voyage are now open exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members through October 21. During this period, members will not only have the first selection of staterooms, but also receive a special 5% discount on top of to their 5% loyalty discount. Sales will open for all other guests on October 22, 2018.
Launching in November 2019, MSC Grandiosa will become the Company’s newest flagship, the biggest and richest in features to be built by MSC Cruises. The mega ship is currently under construction at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique (formerly, STX France) in Saint-Nazaire, France, and will be the first of two highly-innovative Meraviglia-Plus class ships to launch.
Departing on November 10, 2019, MSC Grandiosa will sail a robust itinerary through Northern Europe as well as the Mediterranean. Guests who will be the first to experience this state-of-the-art cruise ship can choose from a 10 or 13-night sailing, embarking in Hamburg and disembarking in Genoa, Italy or Marseille, France. MSC Grandiosa will also call Southampton, UK, Lisbon, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain. With an overnight stay in each port, guests will have more time to fully immerse themselves in each of the destinations.
The MSC Cruises Meraviglia generation of ships — which includes the ground-breaking MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima, launching in March 2019 — is already raising the bar in the cruise industry and is just one of the three new highly-innovative prototypes designed by MSC Cruises. MSC Grandiosa will feature even more public space to enjoy the unique ship, delectable new dining options and the longest Mediterranean-style promenade at sea and LED sky screen, among other soon-to-be-announced features.
MSC Grandiosa will be the third MSC Cruises’ ship to feature two brand new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea, which will be original productions not seen anywhere else in the world. Cirque du Soleil at Sea is part of a longstanding and exclusive partnership between MSC Cruises and Cirque du Soleil, the world leader in artistic entertainment. The partnership will result in a total of eight original shows, with two on each MSC Cruises’ four Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus class ships.
Other MSC Grandiosa highlights include:
· MSC Cruises’ innovative ship-within-a-ship concept, the MSC Yacht Club, will continue to offer discerning cruise guests a luxurious stay with key features such as private amenities like the stylish Top Sail lounge, stunning One Pool Deck, and private restaurant as well as 24-hour butler and concierge service.
· Restaurant options on board include a choice of at least 12 different dining venues, ranging from internationally-inspired specialty restaurants to the buffet and serving fresh, authentic food each and every day. And, a new restaurant concept will be introduced on the Promenade exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests.
· New family activities and entertainment building on the already extensive and award-winning offering[i]. The DOREMI Lab will offer new themes each day, while the DOREMI Studio Lounge focusses on allowing children to have fun through the magic of music. This multitude of concepts ensure that children of every age will have an unforgettable holiday at sea.
· An authentic Balinese Spa onboard, offering MSC Cruises guests a massive choice of wellness and beauty treatments. The MSC Aurea Spa boasts an exotic interior of natural stone, precious woods and rich mosaics, and is equipped with massage and treatment suites, hair and beauty salons and of course a thermal area. MSC Cruises is the only cruise line offering an authentic Balinese-style spa experience.
· A variety of on board entertainment options including a Broadway-style theater, a casino, a sportsplex, full-sized bowling lanes, a Sports’ Bar, F1 simulators and a virtual gaming arcade.
· MSC Grandiosa will be the second ship to feature the Zoe – the first cruise digital assistant, designed to provide the guest with a simple and stress-free way to find out information in the comfort of the cabin. Available in 7 languages, this innovative service is the evolution of MSC Cruises’ digital innovation program MSC For Me designed to connect guests with their cruise experience.
MSC Grandiosa will be christened in Hamburg on November 9, 2019 and will make the maiden voyage to her new home port of Genoa, where she will begin 7-night sailings in the Mediterranean from Genoa starting on November 23, 2018. Seven night itineraries in the stunning Western Mediterranean six historic destinations: Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille. While in port, guests can enjoy a wide variety of shore activities, designed to the interests of different types of holidaymakers from families through to adventurous couples, allowing an immersive discovery of each destination’s distinctive culture and history.
Other Meraviglia class ships currently open for sales are MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima. To learn more about all Meraviglia class ships and to book, contact a preferred travel agent or visit www.msccruises.com.
Stay current with the latest news from the cruise lines.