(PRESS RELEASE)_Seattle, Wash., April 10, 2023 — Holland America Line has opened cruise bookings for its 2024-2025 West Coast season from San Diego, California, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Sailings from these two North American homeports allow guests to see the world from their doorstep, without international air or by taking an easy flight from Canada.
Travelers can set out from the West Coast to explore the vibrant cultures of Mexico, Hawaii’s aloha spirit, the charming seaside escapes of the Pacific Coast and the famed Panama Canal on five ships across 42 cruises. Sailings are roundtrip from San Diego, roundtrip from Vancouver, or begin or end in either of the two ports.
“Holland America Line continues to cultivate our North America homeport cruises to offer a diverse range of destinations without the need for long-haul air,” said Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line’s chief commercial officer. “Our West Coast departures are a rich collection of close-to-home itineraries, and by offering the ability to book back-to-back cruises in different regions our guests can check off more of their must-do travel experiences in one vacation.”
From September 2024 through May 2025, guests can embark cruises ranging from a four-day voyage along the Pacific Coast to a 21-day transit of the Panama Canal. Itineraries are uniquely curated to include popular ports alongside lesser-visited locales that showcase the natural beauty, cultural diversity and rich history of each region.
This season, Holland America Line is featuring more Panama Canal Collectors’ Voyages that begin with a Hawaii cruise and expand the canal transit experience to the eastern Caribbean. Many of the other cruises also can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages to create the ultimate exploration with more economical fares than booking the cruises individually. Ranging from 14 to 31 days, these longer journeys combine nonrepeating, back-to-back itineraries, enabling guests to visit more than one region.
Highlights of the 2024-25 Mexico Cruise Season:
Highlights of the 2024-25 Hawaii Cruise Season:
Highlights of the 2024-2025 Pacific Northwest and Coast Cruise Season:
· Five ships will cruise along the West Coast of the United States for the season: Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Westerdam and Zaandam.
· Itineraries are roundtrip from San Diego, roundtrip from Vancouver, or between Vancouver and San Diego.
· “Pacific Coastal” itineraries are four and five days and sail between San Diego and Vancouver. The four-day features a call at Avalon or Santa Barbara, California, and the five-day visits San Francisco, California, with a late-night departure from the city.
· “Classic California Coast” is seven days roundtrip from San Diego and calls at Avalon or Santa Barbara, plus San Francisco (overnight) and Ensenada.
· “Wine Country and Pacific Northwest” is from San Diego to Vancouver. The six-day includes Avalon and San Francisco; the seven-day adds an overnight at San Francisco; Astoria, Oregon; and Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
· A four-day itinerary roundtrip from Vancouver departing April 22, 2025, calls at Seattle, Washington, and Victoria.
· Several one-day “Pacific Northwest” getaways between Vancouver and Seattle offer a quick taste of Holland America Line.
Highlights of the 2024-2025 Panama Canal Cruise Season:
Early Booking Bonus Offers
For a limited time, when guests book newly opened 2024-2025 Hawaii, Mexico, Pacific Coast and Panama Canal cruises with Have It All, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Guests also can take advantage of Holland America Line’s Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per stateroom when select cruises open for sale. Guests must book these cruises by June 22, 2023, to receive the Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus.
For more information about Holland America Line, consult a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.
Stay current with the latest news from the cruise lines.
Follow Gerry Barker
on All Things Cruise.
Follow Gerry on Splash Magazines Worldwide