(PRESS RELEASE)_MIAMI (December 13, 2022) – Starboard Cruise Services, the leading cruise retailer and LVMH Moët Hennessy company, kick starts its multi-year partnership with Carnival Cruise Line’s highly-anticipated new ship, Carnival Celebration. Offering not only the most expansive retail selection across the fleet, but also the most ambitious by delivering first-at-sea brands and interactive elements.
Carnival and Starboard have catered Celebration’s retail to the ship’s environment, integrating retail concepts with entertainment experiences and designing custom-made products unique to the cruise line, its diverse guest demographics and destinations. The ship's inaugural Caribbean season started in early November.
“We’ve developed, designed, and curated engaging retail offerings, including many first-at-sea launches as well as sustainable brands and products that exemplify inclusivity for Carnival Celebration,” says Lisa Bauer, Starboard’s president and CEO. “Bringing Carnival’s brand to life, Starboard delivers an exciting assortment of Carnival-branded merchandise with a really fun in-store experience – a perfect tribute to our 30-year partnership."
“Carnival’s 50th birthday was the perfect occasion to level up our retail offerings and refresh what our guests have come to expect from our ships,” says Jeremy Schiller, vice president of retail operations for Carnival Cruise Line. “Our long-term partnership with Starboard continues to deliver groundbreaking retail concepts that have fundamentally improved cruisers’ vacation journey.”
Interactive Floor Experience
The first-at-sea Interactive Floor Experience, located in The Carnival Store (Deck 8), will offer an experiential activity where an interactive retail installation changes as guests walk over it. With plenty of space to move around, vacationers of all ages can engage in a wide range of Carnival-themed moments while shopping, from floor hockey with the Carnival funnel, to riding on the ship’s BOLT rollercoaster virtually, and more.
Loads of FUN Launches
In the Beauty shop, guests will discover notable brands including signature fragrances from American pop singer Ariana Grande and the sought-after beauty line, ICONIC London, famous for its GLOW-giving products.
In the Swiss time piece shop, launching first at sea on Carnival Celebration is Gorilla, cutting edge watch brand founded by Octavio Garcia, an industry veteran. Inspired by iconic luxury sports cars, the stylish watches are powered by Miyota automatic mechanical movements and state-of-the-art high-tech materials such as carbon-fiber cases, ceramic bezels, anodized aluminum and titanium. Featured in the collection is the Fastback Espionage Limited Edition
with only 500 manufactured worldwide. The watch design was inspired by the craft of “restomodding” – the art of restoring vintage cars with modern technology to expand the performance and style. The name and color scheme comes from a 1965 Ford Mustang built by legendary custom car builders, the Ring brothers, masters of the art of restomodding.
Also launching for the first time at sea is time piece brand Cuervo & Sobrinos. The only luxury watch brand with a true Latin legacy. Founded in Cuba in 1882, the Swiss manufactured timepieces are designed to honor historic models from the 1930’s and 1940’s, the golden age of Havana.
Luxury Vintage Retail
Carnival Celebration will be the first ship to introduce a standalone, dedicated Luxury Vintage Boutique at sea promoting responsible fashion and offerings from iconic globally desired brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci and more.
Guests will find luxury handbags and accessories from What Goes Around Comes Around, the premier purveyor of the finest luxury vintage pieces, as well as leather goods, watches and accessories from Tokens & Icons, who are leaders in transforming authentic artifacts such as sports memorabilia into one-of-a kind gifts.
In keeping with Carnival’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, plastic bags have been eliminated and guests are encouraged to purchase Carnival-branded reusable shopping bags on board.
Miami and Destination-Inspired Partners
Carnival Celebration’s destination offerings echo its ports of call in the Caribbean and the City of Miami, where the line was established 50 years ago. Playing off the ship’s tropical feel, Starboard curated a memorable assortment of authentic brands that take guests on a journey and inspire wanderlust.
- MAVRANS: Miami-based apparel brand known for gender-neutral, relaxed prints and designs made from eco-friendly materials such as recycled plastic water bottles.
- Pitusa: Female-led Miami based company creating vibrant dresses and beachwear with an emphasis on ethical and sustainable production.
- Alma Weaving: Handbags handwoven from recycled plastic by Salvadorean artisans.
- Sal de Aqui: Female-founded gourmet salt line hand-harvested in Mexico
- My Ocean: Soaps, ceramics, and gift items inspired by the beauty of the ocean and created by Bahamian artisans.
Tagua: Handcrafted from a palm tree nut, the organic jewelry brand creates financial independence for native artisans in Ecuador.
- Nopalera: Female owned, botanical derived bath and body care brand founded to elevate and celebrate Latina culture.
Carnival-Themed Retail Collections
The ship will offer eight distinct collections celebrating Carnival’s 50th Birthday – including a special collection from famed Miami-based artist Romero Britto.
Reimagined Carnival-branded merchandise offerings, developed in collaboration with Starboard, bring Carnival’s bestselling items over its storied 50-year history to life. Specifically designed with guests in mind, the collections are destination-driven, Carnival-centric and inspired by the ship’s various entertainment venues, such as the Heroes Tribute Bar and BOLT, the Ultimate Sea Coaster®.
- 50th Birthday: Limited-edition 50th Birthday merchandise that sold out in March will be relaunched and only available on Celebration until the end of this year. Special commemorative items include the 50th Birthday edition Monopoly game and “piece of history” souvenirs, among other guest favorites.
- Miami Celebration: Paying homage to the ship’s 820 Biscayne Zone, the collection features beach totes, drink coasters, bucket hats, towels, and matching apparel sets for the whole family to enjoy.
- Heroes: Exclusive assortment of apparel and drinkware is only available on Carnival Celebration and is inspired by the guest-favorite Heroes Bar in tribute to Armed Services members and their families.
- Carnival|Sprayground collaboration: Limited edition collaboration includes one-of-a-kind accessories and backpacks that combine Sprayground’s singular blend of style and function with Carnival’s brand exuberance.
- Romero Britto: Based on the fan-favorite partnership, the Celebration-specific line will have colorful handbags, luggage tags and passport holders.
- Ruby and Sapphire (R&S): The extensive collection of R&S apparel and fun souvenirs shouts Funderstruck.
- Signature Hull: For the first time, a collection of backpacks, clothing and accessories will be inspired by the line’s stunning new red, white and blue hull livery.
- Key Collectors: The limited-edition collectors’ items will include unique ship models, Funship Freddy plush toys and headbands.
Carnival’s celebratory theme is carried throughout The Fun Shops, covering more than 4,580 square feet across three decks:
o Beauty, skincare, and fragrances
o Lifestyle multi-category
o Vintage luxury
o Inaugural Carnival brand merchandise
o Main Carnival brand merchandise
o Fashion accessories
o Swiss timepieces
Carnival Celebration is sailing six-to-eight-night voyages year-round from PortMiami visiting popular destinations in the Eastern and Western Caribbean, such as Cozumel, Costa Maya, Amber Cove, San Juan, Grand Turk and more.
Stay current with the latest news from the cruise lines.
Follow Gerry Barker
on All Things Cruise.