It's time to start planning your Super Bowl party! Here's a great start -- Chocolate Covered Football Strawberries, offered up by Executive Pastry Chef Brittani Szczecina at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa.
Yields 12 pieces
· 12 each fresh strawberries
· 1 package white chocolate
· 1 package dark chocolate
· In a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate
· Holding by the stem, dip strawberry in chocolate, shake off excess and place on parchment paper
· Let the chocolate pool onto the paper and then pick strawberry back up and place in new spot. This helps to avoid little "feet" to form. Continue with remaining strawberries and let harden.
· Melt the white chocolate. Fill a piping bag and cut a very small hole. Pipe a vertical line down the entire length of the strawberry. Let harden.
· Once hardened, pipe five horizontal lines to form the threading on the football and let dry.
Exploring what to see and do in North Palm Beach and the South Florida area. Your hosts are Pam and Gerry Barker.
GERRY PRONOUNCED GARY
Listen to Chapter One of "Panama Palmer"